Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Romans 9: Indictment against God of eternal tormen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Romans 9: Indictment against God of eternal tormen

Romans 9: Indictment against God of eternal tormen 1 year, 10 months ago #3840

I listened to Romans 9 several times on my way to work this morning. I've always been interested in what it says about Pharoh, but if our God is, in fact sending the lost to eternal torment, Roman's 9 makes him out to be a god (yes, small "g") that creates human beings for the express purpose of demonstrating his power via their "choices" and then sending them to a place of eternal and unimaginable torment.

To put it bluntly, this is not the God of the old and new testament. This is not the God of the creation in which I've been placed. This is not the God who has answered my prayers. This is not the God of the bible. This is a very narcissistic and sadistic being.

Note: I do not believe I am sitting in judgement of God (which Paul warns about in that very chapter), but am pointing out that it does not match the character of the God of the bible if one believes that the lost are cast into eternal, conscious torture. On the other hand, it fits perfectly with the God of Ecclesiastes and CI. They are created. They live. They fall without Christ. They die. Twice.
Last Edit: 1 year, 10 months ago by Kentucky Reign.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?