Username Password: Remember me

The Last Guy In Hades
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Last Guy In Hades

The Last Guy In Hades 1 year, 12 months ago #3894

• John3:3
  • Fresh Boarder
Will still have to bear mental and physical suffering that is many,many,many times greater than anything comparable here for 1000 years minimally until after Christ's Millennial Reign and subsequent Great White Throne judgement. There are no clocks (time) there. Only eternal "now".

A few seconds there are worse suffering than an entire lifetime here. Sinning against an Eternal God is an Eternal sin.That is why the Blood of Jesus is so precious. Only Eternal can pay back Eternal. Anything less is not sufficient and doesn't ever even begin to pay the sin debt..

I hope you are right about annihilation, but you'll never know in this lifetime for sure.If you think that the weeping and gnashing of teeth is figurative, think again my friend.

Re: The Last Guy In Hades 1 year, 12 months ago #3895

• Timothew
John3:3 wrote:
Will still have to bear mental and physical suffering that is many,many,many times greater than anything comparable here for 1000 years minimally until after Christ's Millennial Reign and subsequent Great White Throne judgement. There are no clocks (time) there. Only eternal "now".

A few seconds there are worse suffering than an entire lifetime here. Sinning against an Eternal God is an Eternal sin.That is why the Blood of Jesus is so precious. Only Eternal can pay back Eternal. Anything less is not sufficient and doesn't ever even begin to pay the sin debt..

I hope you are right about annihilation, but you'll never know in this lifetime for sure.If you think that the weeping and gnashing of teeth is figurative, think again my friend.

I suggest that you read the "EXPLORE" section of rethinkinghell.com

Nearly everyone here USED to hold the view of eternal conscious torment in hell, that is until we "thought again" and investigated what the Bible has to say about the final end of the unrepentant.

Here are just 2 verses for you to think about, John 3:16 and Romans 6:23, but I urge you to go to the "EXPLORE" page and discover what Conditional Immortality is all about.

Romans 6:23 specifically states "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." So what is the penalty for sin? Death, or an eternal life in hell being tormented? Obviously, the wages of sin is death. What is the gift of God? Eternal life, or Escape from living hell? Read the verse, what does it say? It says "but the gift of God is ETERNAL LIFE in Christ Jesus our Lord".

John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (NIV)
This clearly shows that whoever believes in the Son shall not perish and will have eternal life, and from that you can clearly see that whoever rejects the Son shall perish and will not have eternal life.

I'm sure that one or two verses are ringing in your ears about eternal torment. I urge you to go read the explore page of rethinkinghell.com because these verses have already been discussed. Your objections have already been addressed.
Τιμοθέῳ γνησίῳ τέκνῳ ἐν πίστει
Tim Wiesner
Last Edit: 1 year, 12 months ago by Timothew. Reason: changed "main page" to more specific "explore page".

Re: The Last Guy In Hades 1 year, 11 months ago #3903

John3:3 wrote:

I've never been there, so I can't really comment on it.

However, I do wonder about the whole concept of torture for ANY time length. What's the point? If you are going to annihilate someone, why torture them for five seconds, two weeks, or a thousand years?

I know we are created in the image of God and have a concept of fairness, justice, etc. If not, He would not bother teaching it to us in His word. When my dog, true to his nature, killed all 12 of my new young chickens within a 15 minute time span, and when I called him, came trotting up with one of their legs in his mouth, wagging his tail the whole time, I didn't torture him. What's the point? I simply got rid of him. And it was VERY sad for me and my wife. For a couple of weeks, actually.

This is how I see the fate of the lost. There is no point in torturing them. They simply must be removed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?