Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Eternal torment never sat right with me
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eternal torment never sat right with me

Eternal torment never sat right with me 3 weeks, 1 day ago #5205

Just found this group..and so glad. Could never swallow the interpretation that people suffer forever and ever. Just seems completely out of place with the rest of Scripture. Especially knowing God is Love. He is full of mercy and grace. Yes He is holy and just. I get that. But to make ANYONE suffer forever and ever?? This could of been enough to turn me away when first becoming a Christian. Glad I researched the evidences for the Bible truly being God's Word. Things such as fulfilled prophecy..etc, etc. Because the interpretation of eternal suffering could of easily completely turned me away. So many churches teach this. So I actually feel lucky my faith in Christ did not get destroyed when I was just a baby in Christ. Feel blessed for finding this group. And for seeing a much more Biblical interpretation that makes much more sense. God is good!
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 1 day ago by brucemcd777. Reason: spelling errors

Re: Eternal torment never sat right with me 3 weeks, 1 day ago #5206

Do you still. believe in the new world translation of the holy scriptures?

Re: Eternal torment never sat right with me 3 weeks ago #5208

I prefer a word for word translation like the KJV..not a fan of most modern translations..and definitely not a fan of the JW translation..no offense if that is your preference

Re: Eternal torment never sat right with me 3 weeks ago #5210

Nah not my preference
I confess I actually got you confused with someone else

Re: Eternal torment never sat right with me 3 weeks ago #5211

No problem..first time someone tried to tell me there was no place of eternal suffering was a Jehovah Witness.. I disagree so much with them on other doctrines that I did not even really consider it..

Re: Eternal torment never sat right with me 3 weeks ago #5212

www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/docume...ish.php#.WkUAtd-nGM- This is the first article that really got me considering the annihiltionist interpretation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?