Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Satan's Fate
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Satan's Fate

Re: Satan's Fate 3 weeks, 5 days ago #5271

John Haak wrote:

Do you take it also as the place of destruction for those unreconciled to God in Christ?

That question is the heart of why I visit this site on rethinking "hell" as many of our brethren hold unending torture as biblical. On that topic, what do you think helps believers the most to rethink this issue of hell?

All people are from the 1st birth. Jesus was the first man to experience the 2nd birth and that was with the body He had for the 40 days He was with his closest followers after His resurrection. The next to get to that level is the whole population that is alive at the end of the 1st day of the 1,000 year reign. The last to experience that are the ones resurrected at the GWT after all fallen angels are in the fiery lake. If the men in hell were destined to be sent there it would have been at the time fallen angles were but the gate to hell remains locked until the next event and by the end of that there is nobody from mankind that is not there and sinless.

Hebrews:12 is about the people that appear before God at Judgment Day, are they chastised and forgiven or are they sent to the fiery lake.

Re:7 has two groups, the first are a remnant of the 12 Tribes in the from of 144,000 and the 2nd group is the ones that appear at the GWT event. Are they saved in those verses or are they headed for the fiery lake?

Isa:65 is only about the ones in hell from the group known as 'the rest' in Re:20. Since Jerusalem in that chapter is New Jerusalem and that is the home of all the people in the 1,000 year reiign there is only one group that can build their homes outside of the City and the ones killed by the sword and punished after has to be the same ones that are killed by Christ's sword on the day He returns.

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse,
which sword proceeded out of his mouth:
and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Therefore will I number you to the sword,
and ye shall all bow down to the slaughter:
because when I called,
ye did not answer;
when I spake,
ye did not hear;
but did evil before mine eyes,
and did choose that wherein I delighted not.
Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD,
Behold, my servants shall eat,
but ye shall be hungry:
my servants shall drink,
but ye shall be thirsty:
my servants shall rejoice,
but ye shall be ashamed:
my servants shall sing for joy of heart,
but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart,
and shall howl for vexation of spirit.
And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto my chosen:
for the Lord GOD shall slay thee,
and call his servants by another name:

Jonah was killed and sent to hell by God for refusing to deliver a prophecy that might have destroyed a city and all who were in it. # days later his praying got him out and He did what God asked and then sat on a hill to see the results. The people listened and dressed in sackcloth as requested, so much that they even dressed all the animals in sackcloth and the city was not destroyed. That shows you can get out of hell and be in a good relationship with God.

Not last and not least is this reference below but if God remembers the sparrows in the new earth and they are resurrected then no mand can be missing. There can be more than 1 group and there are two that take on the role of shepherd/flock. Even though the shepherds are gathered first it is the flock that is the much larger group.

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings,
and not one of them is forgotten before God?
But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
Fear not therefore:
ye are of more value than many sparrows..

Edit to add this.

When the Son of man shall come in his glory,
and all the holy angels with him,
then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
And before him shall be gathered all nations:
and he shall separate them one from another,
as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand,
but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand,
ye blessed of my Father,
inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand,
Depart from me,
ye cursed,
into everlasting fire,
prepared for the devil and his angels:

The saints in the two verses below are holy Angels that put all fallen angels into the Pit during the flood of water

The first one is a prophecy and the 2nd one show it was fulfilled..

And Enoch also,
the seventh from Adam,
prophesied of these,
the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

And he said,
The LORD came from Sinai,
and rose up from Seir unto them;
he shined forth from mount Paran,
and he came with ten thousands of saints:
from his right hand went a fiery law for them.

If the Beast and the False Prophet are sent to the lake then both have to have been put in the Pit already. Satan was not put in the Pit so He is put there and then he and all the other ones there are released and then sent to the fiery lake at the end of the 1,000 year reign. That is what that verse is promoting Hell is part of the same pit, there is a locked gate between fallen angels and the fallen men that the 7 vials send there.
Last Edit: 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Wayfaring Stranger.

Re: Satan's Fate 3 weeks, 5 days ago #5275

• John Haak
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for your words of blessing on my house.

May we all heed Paul's words to Timothy:

"It is a faithful saying:
For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him:
if we deny him, he also will deny us:
If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness."
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?