Username Password: Remember me

Good universalist websites?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Good universalist websites?

Good universalist websites? 2 years, 2 months ago #3660

• beforHim
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm not very steeped in money, books can be expensive! Thus, I was looking around the net for some universalist sites that would give the case for universalism. Problem is, you run into some wacky stuff out there.

Are there any good, sound websites who give the case for and teaching on universalism? I want to learn stuff, thx

Re: Good universalist websites? 2 years, 2 months ago #3678

• beforHim
  • Fresh Boarder
I guess there are none? Hmmm. . . any good book reccomendations, that might actually be a a university or big public library? I live in a major city with some universities, so maybe I can check some books out, but besides Robin Parry (and some early church fathers, if they count) I don't know any other universalists who've written good books on the subject.

Re: Good universalist websites? 2 years, 2 months ago #3682

• LP Dion
  • Senior Boarder
beforHim wrote:
I guess there are none? Hmmm. . . any good book reccomendations, that might actually be a a university or big public library? I live in a major city with some universities, so maybe I can check some books out, but besides Robin Parry (and some early church fathers, if they count) I don't know any other universalists who've written good books on the subject.

Universalist friends have loaned me books by François du Toit before. They really like him. Sadly, I haven't found the time to read them. Gerry Beauchemin is also a favourite of theirs.
I don't think I can reveal anybody fresh and waiting to be discovered. Gary Amirault's Tentmaker site is often mentioned in Universalist circles. Kindle is my best friend when it comes to Universalist material. Julie Ferwerda , Brad Jersak, Peter Hiett. Some are more popular level than others.(Jersak's treatment of Gehenna is good) Sifting through the wackiness is the time we live in. The fact that you're here and interested means that you're most likely aware of the top tier in Universalism already.
Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by LP Dion.

Re: Good universalist websites? 2 years, 1 month ago #3821

• beforHim
  • Fresh Boarder
I didn't get an email, so I missed your reply! Thx for the names. All I know of is Robin Parry (Perry?) and, yeah, tentmakers. I understand what you mean by sifting through the wackiness (or however you worded it). I've found myself reading books I randomly got for free from church, and then i was like, "Wait, say what?!" lol Again, thx for the response.

Re: Good universalist websites? 2 years ago #3921

• BrettS
  • Fresh Boarder
Deeply Scriptural and life changing are many of the writings of the Late L. Ray Smith. He was fierce in attitude and humor, God bless him...I argue that only makes him closer to Christ; when we remember how he dealt with the fraudulent fleecing religious leaders of HIS day? Christ called them vipers and worse...why should the Elect be any different against the spread of apostasy? Yet for those who knew Ray beyond his somewhat blunt confrontational writing tone, knew he was a kind and gentle soul; willing to admit when he was wrong, that and he was truly gifted by God with knowledge; He was often accused of being a JW, etc...but that is only by those who didn't past what first challenged them or was turned off by his tone and clear message that souls were not going to be tortured forever... But he responded strongly that he was not, and explained why. I'm thankful to have stumbled on his site over 15 years ago. The Gospel really IS GOOD NEWS!

www.bible-truths.com

You can read the entire LAKE OF FIRE series (it's epic) as a FREE PDF here:
www.lulu.com/shop/l-ray-smith/the-lake-o...roduct-17361262.html

Just ADD TO CART and check out....
The following user(s) said Thank You: kowsmic

Re: Good universalist websites? 2 years ago #3924

BrettS wrote:
Deeply Scriptural and life changing are many of the writings of the Late L. Ray Smith. He was fierce in attitude and humor, God bless him...I argue that only makes him closer to Christ; when we remember how he dealt with the fraudulent fleecing religious leaders of HIS day? Christ called them vipers and worse...why should the Elect be any different against the spread of apostasy? Yet for those who knew Ray beyond his somewhat blunt confrontational writing tone, knew he was a kind and gentle soul; willing to admit when he was wrong, that and he was truly gifted by God with knowledge; He was often accused of being a JW, etc...but that is only by those who didn't past what first challenged them or was turned off by his tone and clear message that souls were not going to be tortured forever... But he responded strongly that he was not, and explained why. I'm thankful to have stumbled on his site over 15 years ago. The Gospel really IS GOOD NEWS!

www.bible-truths.com

You can read the entire LAKE OF FIRE series (it's epic) as a FREE PDF here:
www.lulu.com/shop/l-ray-smith/the-lake-o...roduct-17361262.html

Just ADD TO CART and check out....

Same here. I only stumbled on it a few weeks ago. I LOVE his style in his email responses. And I agree that they are very much in the tone of how the apostles, the prophets, and Jesus responded to those with whom they disagreed on issues regarding our relationship with our creator. It doesn't put me off at all. I welcome the frankness.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?