Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter

Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter 5 years, 9 months ago #511

Here's another recent Christian Universalist book.

Why Be a Christian (If No One Goes to Hell)?
shookfoilbooks.com/Why_Be_a_Christian.html

You can check out the author's blog at
oldfirst.blogspot.com/search?q=hell

Re: Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter 5 years, 9 months ago #523

• Chris Date
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
I talked to the RH team about interviewing him, and we decided against it. For now at least. For one thing, as we're building up a reputation we want to avoid those who would appear very liberal, because we want to make it clear to visitors that we're conservative and evangelical. For two, several of us are very uncomfortable with someone appearing on the show who believes it's acceptable to practice homosexuality.

Re: Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter 5 years, 9 months ago #529

I agree with this caution, but am disappointed that we have to curtail our discussion and cooperation with those who are liberal or heterodox.

I can see how forming alliances, or even the perception of alliances, could be problematic to getting the CV (Conditional View) accepted as good conservative exegesis.

Re: Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter 5 years, 4 months ago #957

Dear Friends: How you conclude that I am a universalist is beyond me. Maybe you haven't read the book. I am by no means a universalist. I take St. Paul seriously: "The Wages of sin is death."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mark

Re: Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter 5 years, 4 months ago #958

Dear Mr. Date: I am by no means a universalist. I take St. Paul seriously, that "the wages of sin is death." I hope you would have read the book. I am not at all a universalist.

Re: Why Be a Christian? by Daniel Meeter 5 years, 4 months ago #959

• Chris Date
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Hi Daniel,

I don't believe I expressed agreement above that you are a universalist. Quite the contrary, early in your book you write, "What that means is that some people do not share in eternal life, that when these people die it is the end for them, and they are cut off forever from the future of the heaven and the earth..." The apparent denial of a general resurrection notwithstanding (and perhaps only a mistaken impression given), it certainly does sound like a conditionalist-friendly statement. So I don't think you're a universalist.

What I did say was that I and some others here at Rethinking Hell are uncomfortable with what appears to be your belief that homosexual practice is not sinful. If we have misunderstood what you have written on the topic, we welcome correction. (Although this forum is not a place to promote that view.)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?