Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Why not save all?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Why not save all?

Why not save all? 5 years, 1 month ago #877

• trident343
  • Expert Boarder
I wanted to hear different people's opinion as to why God doesn't save all. I am not a universalist, nor do I plan in becoming one, I am exceedingly happy being an annihilationist. But as it stands I'd like to hear different peoples opinion on this particular matter. I am not shy to hear from people of different opinions. I listen to the most heartless hyper-Calvinists on some issues from time to time.

To put in my 2 cents, I will state a couple base beliefs I have and I'll elaborate if later on it if people want me to.

- I think the aspects of both Gods Holiness and Mercy are best revealed through Annihilation of the wicked rather than save all. To restore people who have rejected Christ defeats the whole aspect of redemption in my opinion.

- I think there is a practical and experiential aspect of redemption which goes beyond simply the Judicial part of it. To be redeemed and born again makes us people who willingly want to love God. To restore people out of Hell Into heaven would not change the people put there. Those who think hell is a "Refining fire", I don't know how in practical terms burning people with fire would make somebody who hates God Love him more. I think the opposite effect would be more likely (See Revelation 16:11)

Re: Why not save all? 5 years, 1 month ago #887

• Givemhell
I would give a similar answer to the one that you gave.

"22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory— 24 even us, whom he also called, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles? "

He is able to show His attributes by destroying them and is making His Glory known by showing his attributes of Holiness, Justice, Righteousness.
What bliss will fill the ransomed souls,
When they in glory dwell,
To see the sinner as he rolls,
In quenchless flames of hell.

- Isaac Watts

Re: Why not save all? 2 years, 11 months ago #3095

• jeremiah
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Trident,

I know this is an old thread, but I would like respond a bit to the base beliefs you started with.

...To restore people who have rejected Christ defeats the whole aspect of redemption in my opinion.

How? I would say God restoring people who reject him and Christ is close to the heart of the gospel. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

I think there is a practical and experiential aspect of redemption which goes beyond simply the Judicial part of it. To be redeemed and born again makes us people who willingly want to love God.

I agree with this. Do you think we can willingly love God as a redeemed creature does with out God's grace, without him giving us the ability where none existed before?

...Those who think hell is a "Refining fire", I don't know how in practical terms burning people with fire would make somebody who hates God Love him more.

Those who think hell is a refining fire firstly draw this image from the old and new testament scriptures. Secondly, the vast majority of them reject the idea of literal fire from the start.

Grace and peace to you brother.
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by jeremiah.

Re: Why not save all? 2 years, 11 months ago #3096

• trident343
  • Expert Boarder
Yes it is an old thread LOL. I've changed my perspective a lot since then...

Re: Why not save all? 2 years, 11 months ago #3097

• trident343
  • Expert Boarder
jeremiah wrote:
Hello Trident,

I know this is an old thread, but I would like respond a bit to the base beliefs you started with.

...To restore people who have rejected Christ defeats the whole aspect of redemption in my opinion.[/quote

[quote]I think there is a practical and experiential aspect of redemption which goes beyond simply the Judicial part of it. To be redeemed and born again makes us people who willingly want to love God.

I agree with this. Do you think we can willingly love God as a redeemed creature does with out God's grace, without him giving us the ability where none existed before?

To answer your question, Hell NO! I actually do believe in Unconditional Election and regeneration.

Re: Why not save all? 2 years, 7 months ago #3283

• Readheart
  • Fresh Boarder
trident343 wrote:
Yes it is an old thread LOL. I've changed my perspective a lot since then...

Hi

Just wanted to clarify, do you believe in Conditionalism or Universalism now?
Let everyone enjoy the full and free liberty of thinking for himself:... — John Wesley
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds
Featured audio: Dr. Al Mohler & Chris Date debate
"Should Christians rethink Hell?" on Unbelievable?