“Hell and the Gospel”
Having held our annual conferences in Houston (2014), Pasadena (2015), London (2016), Auckland (2017), and Dallas–Fort Worth (2018), this year’s sixth annual Rethinking Hell Conference will be held in Enid, Oklahoma at Emmanuel Enid Church on Friday and Saturday, August 16–17, 2019. Gathering under the theme of “Hell and the Gospel”, this will be an occasion for Christians to consider and discuss the nature, duration, and purpose of hell in light of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Christians generally agree that the gospel or “good news” is the message of Jesus’ life, substitutionary death, and resurrection, by which he saves sinners and secures eternal life for them. Speakers will explore how this should inform Christians’ understanding of what they have been saved from, and what final punishment or consequences await the unsaved in hell, discussing such questions as:
- How essential to the gospel is a correct view of hell?
- What is the nature of life and death in light of the gospel?
- How is immortality brought to light through the gospel (2 Tim 1:10)?
- How does Christ accomplish redemption in his atoning work?
- How should the incarnation of God in Jesus inform a Christian view of hell?
- What are the implications of the New Heavens and New Earth when it comes to hell?
- How do views of hell impact the sharing and defense of the gospel?
If you haven’t registered yet, visit www.rethinkinghellconference.com and sign up today! Continue reading to preview the complete conference schedule of plenary & breakout-session speakers: Continue reading “RH Conference 2019: Full Schedule!”